- Is Wallet One a secure solution?
- Main security rules for Wallet One users
- What is identification and why is it important to pass it?
- How to enhance security of your wallet?
Is Wallet One a secure solution?
Wallet One payment system is licensed by the supervisory authorities in each country of its presence and, therefore, it is completely secure. Wallet One uses the PCI DSS security standard, SSL protocol, security systems Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.
PCI DSS is an international security standard developed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. It specifies 12 requirements to design and maintenance of security systems. The standard has been adopted by the major international payment systems. Wallet One takes tests for compliance with PCI DSS on the annual basis.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol is a cryptographic transport mechanism ensuring security of data transmission.
Verified by Visa is a Visa developed technology adding extra protection to your payments.
MasterCard SecureCode provides enhanced security for your payments with MasterCard bank cards.
We also use an antifraud system designed to identify fraudulent payments. It makes Wallet One a convenient and secure payment system for everyone but scams.
Main security rules for Wallet One users
Wallet One does the utmost to make the service safe and secure. However, you also need to take care of your money’s safety.
A strong password is the first and most important rule of safety. A good password consists of numbers and letters and contains at least 6 characters. When making a password, do not use numbers directly related to you (phone number, birth date, passport number).
Do not put down your password (or at least do not keep it next to your phone or computer). Of course, today everyone has to make a lot of passwords and keep them all in mind, which is not that easy. However, try not to jeopardize the security of your wallet. Remembering your password is a simple thing – just enter Wallet One dashboard more often!
Installing anti-virus protection is important for any data stored on your computer. Most importantly, it will protect you from theft of important data such as Wallet One password, bank account details or bank card numbers.
What information on the wallet shall not be shared with other people?
Do not share any information related to your wallet except for its number. Moreover, when using Wallet One you can do without your wallet number, because our users are able to transfer money to each other by phone number or e-mail.
Phishing is a type of fraud in which scams pretend to be your bank or payment system.
As a rule they send a letter with a link to a scam website. At first glance it may look like a link to your dashboard or system site. The message may contain false information on account hold, money transfer or a cash prize. Be careful when dealing with such letters!
- Take a closer look at the address of the page in the browser. You may find that you are suggested to enter some data not on www.walletone.com website, but, for example, on www.something-unfamiliar-walletone.com . Do not do it under any circumstances. You may notice that the text of the link in the browser is black and a part of it is gray. The domain is highlighted in black and it shall be www.walletone.com. Otherwise, this site has nothing to do with us.
- Enter your password only when entering the dashboard. Do not use it in any letters, SMS, etc., even if the request to enter the password looks very convincing.
There is also such thing as SMiShing — it is like phishing, but through SMS. In this case the user receives an SMS with a link to a phishing site or a request to send any data in the reply message. You should not be doing that.
What is identification and why is it important to pass it?
Identification is determining reliable information about the wallet owner. It is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Russian legislation and is mandatory for financial transactions in excess of certain limits.
User identification is one of the most important requirements for the security of the payment system. It is carried out to make sure your money is safe.
As long as you are not identified, your Wallet One account is considered anonymous. It is good for scams, but bad for the users who want to protect their funds.
That’s why the identification procedure should be taken seriously.
Identification may be completed in your dashboard.
How to enhance security of your wallet?
You can enhance the security of your wallet by installing Google Authenticator. After that every time you transfer money or make a payment with Wallet One, the application will generate a one-time password for you.
How it can be done:
- In your dashboard click on the banner «Enhance wallet security». You will definitely notice it.
- Click on App Store or Google Play icon. You will then receive an SMS with a link to the application in one of the stores.
- Got it downloaded? Go back to the dashboard. Once again, click on the banner «Enhance wallet security» and then click «I have installed the application».
- Scan the QR-code.
- Enter the password which you will receive in an SMS after you have scanned the code.