Privacy and security statement
Your right to privacy and security is very important to us. W1 Payment Solutions (Africa) (Pty) Ltd, (we, us, our) treat personal information collected through this website as private and confidential. We are committed to giving you secure access to our online services.
We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer our customer.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
- We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
- We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
Further to the requirements of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent:
- if we are required to do so by law or a court order
- if disclosure is in the public interest
- if disclosure is in the System’’s interest
- with your implied consent.
- How we use the personal information we collect
- Our use of technology to follow your use of our website
- Marketing by post, email or text messages
- Third parties
- When we may reveal personal information without consent
- Storing personal information
- Our security practices
- Privacy and security statements that apply to certain online services
- Personal use of emails and notice about checking on e-mails
- Our right to change this privacy and security statement
How we use the personal information we collect
We need to collect personal or other information to:
- Identify you
- Meet our responsibilities to you
- Follow your instructions
- Inform you of new services; and
- Make sure our business suits your needs.
Our use of technology to follow your use of our website
We collect and examine information about visits to this website. We use this information to find out which areas of the website people visit most. This helps us to add more value to our services. This information is gathered in such a way that we do not get personal information about any individual or their online behaviour on other websites.
We use cookie technology on some parts of our website. A cookie is small pieces of text that are saved on your Internet browser when you use our website. The cookie is sent back to our computer each time you visit our website. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online. You can stop your browser from accepting cookies, but if you do, some parts of our website or online services may not work. We recommend that you allow cookies.
Marketing by post, email or text messages
If you give us permission, we may use your personal or other information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you. We will do this by post, email or text message (SMS). If you later decide that you do not want us to do this, please contact us and we will stop doing so.
We ask other organisations to provide support services to us. When we do this, they have to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal information to carry out their services.
Our website may contain links to or from other websites. We try to link only to websites that also have high standards and respect for privacy but we are not responsible for their security and privacy practices or their content. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these websites.
When we may reveal personal information without consentWe will not reveal personal information to anyone outside the W1 System or certain of our service providers without your permission, unless: we must do so by law or in terms of a court order it is in the public interest we need to do so to protect our rights.
Storing personal information
We store personal information collected through our website in a safe place and no person outside the W1 System or certain of our service providers can get access to it.
Our security practicesWe are committed to providing safe online services. All use of our website and transactions through it are protected by encryption (secret codes) to international standards. Encryption protects personal information you send when you fill in application forms online. Our computers are protected by systems that guard against intruders. Only authorised W1 employees or agents can gain access to information on these computers. We have also used independent security experts to test our system security and advise us about improvements to it.
Privacy and security statements that apply to specific online services
Different online services or businesses of the W1 System may have their own privacy and security policies because the service or product they offer may need different or extra policies. These specific policies will apply to your use of the particular service where they are different from our general policies.
Personal use of emails and notice about checking on emails
Our communication and information systems are for business use. However, we realise that our employees occasionally use our systems for personal use. Personal use includes sending or receiving personal emails within or outside the W1 System. We do not accept responsibility for the contents of personal emails sent by our employees using our systems. Please note that we may intercept, check on and delete any communications created, stored, sent, or received using our systems, according to any law that applies.
Right to change this privacy and security statement
We may always change this privacy and security statement. We will put all changes on our website. The latest version of our privacy and security statement will replace all earlier versions of it, unless it says differently.
Email us on email@example.com if you have any questions about this privacy and security statement.